How to redeem your code
How to access your eBook on the CEI platform
What is an access code? Why do I need one?
An access code is a password you use to access course content online.
The content you access depends on the course, but can include things such as practice exam questions, interactive videos to help you understand course concepts, and course assignments.
If your instructor requires you to purchase an access code, it is because at least part of your grade will be related to and/or come from the online content.
If your instructor recommends that you purchase an access code, it is probably because the online content gives you access to additional study material.
Do access codes always include an e-book?
I didn't receive my access code?
My product instructions are asking for a course ID or link to register?
Some digital products require instructions to provide a course ID, or link. If you have made your purchase & your instructions specify you need this, please check your D2L. If you are unable to find it there, your instructor should be able to tell you where to find it. If you course has not started yet, hang tight. Your instructor will provide this information when the course begins.
How long will my subscription code last?
Access codes are supposed to be set up to allow students to gain access to online content for the duration of the course. This can vary depending on the code. Some may give access for longer, or even perpetually. Access generally lasts for a duration of between 6 months and 2 years. Please email email@example.com if you are unsure.
My card was declined?
Can my friend and I share a code?
Each access code is unique and can only be used by one person.
Do I have to be online to access the site?
Some access codes are downloads; some have online access from any computer. Some codes allow you a choice of format.
If you require more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I print the book once I have access to the site?
Again, this varies by code. Most have limited print options.
Can I still see it when I finish my course?
Think of codes as short-term rentals. You'll be able to see it for as long as your rental period.
Can I sell the code when I'm finished?
I can't log in to make my purchase?
- If you have never made a purchase through our new e-commerce website (launched March 23), you will need to create a new account to complete your order.
- If you are a student, we recommend using your EDU email address to register.
- Please note that our website is not integrated with your school's single sign-on system, so your school login credentials will not work here.
- If you have already created an account and forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the "forgot your password" link. You will need to enter your email address to start the process. If you don't receive the password reset email, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still don't receive an email, it's possible that you didn't create an account with that email address.
- The account you use to purchase your e-text or access code is different than the account you will create to access the e-text of access code. This is because each publisher uses different platforms.